2013 Region 3 AITP Student Conference
Don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity to be a part of the annual Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) Region 3 Student Conference and meet the top Information Technology students and faculty from leading colleges and universities from across six states!
The 2013 AITP Region 3 Student Conference will be held at ITT Technical Institute of Oklahoma City.
AITP Region 3 currently has approximately 750 student chapter members from colleges and universities throughout a six state area. The Annual AITP Region 3 Student Conference was started over 28 years ago and designed for students planning careers in information systems or related fields.
Students who go beyond the classroom to participate in service learning and social networking opportunities with AITP are preparing themselves for careers in information systems and related fields. At the AITP Region 3 Student Conference, our theme of Service Networking will be highlighted by countless networking opportunities with IT professionals from energy, medical, space exploration, and software industries.
Complete professional development requires knowledge that goes beyond the classroom, especially with technology changing so rapidly. This conference is designed to supplement traditional IT education by its unique program design. Students are offered top IT industry speakers covering the latest industry trends and issues through educational sessions such as, “How to Launch a Career in the IT Field”, various student competitions, vendor/employer exhibit areas, and countless networking opportunities with other IT students and professionals.
Of the surveyed attendees of our past conference, 70% were either juniors or seniors looking for IT career opportunities, information, guidance, internships and jobs! Over 300 students and faculty from across the region will convene to test their technology skills, learn from leading experts in their fields and meet prospective employers!
Participating students and faculty will come from all over the AITP Region 3, including Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- When: October 31 – November 2, 2013
- Where: ITT Technical Institute of Oklahoma City.
- Address and Map: 1900 Northwest Expressway Suite 305R, Oklahoma City, OK, 73118
- Accommodations: More information about Hotel Accommodations are available HERE soon.
- Registration: Students, Faculty Advisors and Professionals can register HERE soon.
Conference Registration Fees include all of the following:
- Access to all Presentations and Training Sessions
- Access to the Exhibitors/Career Fair held on Friday
- Students have the ability to compete in up to 3 contests during the conference for cash prizes
- Lunch/Brunch provided on Friday
- Snacks provided during the Welcome Reception
- Students can experience BrickTown in downtown Oklahoma City on Friday Night.
- Faculty Advisors, Faculty, Exhibitors, Professional Members and Invited Guests attending the Conference can attend the Faculty/Professional Networking Mixer
- Door Prizes will be awarded at the end of the Saturday Awards session.
- Awards Presentation
- Break Out Sessions
- Breakout Speakers
- Contest Staff
- Door Prize Picker
- Exhibitor List
- Free Certification Testing
- Get Directions
- ICCP Certification at Reduced Rate Extended Offer
- Keynote Speaker
- Last Year Attendance
- Marketing Materials
- Microsoft Office Solutions
- Mobile Applications
- MTA Results 2013
- Networking Competencies
- Overall School Scores
- Parking Info & Campus Maps
- PC Troubleshooting Finals
- Security Analysis
- Sponsor Information
- Sponsoring Schools
- Student Registration
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Web App Development
- Pass the ACP (certification from ICCP) and receive the highest score – you will win an Android Tablet and the certification for free.
- Toastmasters to Present Workshop
- SATURDAY KEYNOTE: “Gems and Pitfalls When Launching Your IT Career” presented by Jason Anders (USAA)
- “Become a Leader in AITP” Presented by Bill Fly
- “Security and Integration” Presented by Matt Younkins (OU)
- “Open Discussion on Raspberry Pi” by Joe Shelton (RHT)
- “The Lean Startup: Why students build the best businesses.” Presented by Bob Rockers (GroundWarp)
- “Safety is Not a One Person Operation” presented by D Smith (ISSP)
- “The New Dawn of IT Delivery” presented by Curtis Matthes (eVantage21.com)
- “Ensuring Our Future through S.T.E.M.” presented by Ray Shaik (TechJOYnT)
- “Path to CIO”: Focusing Your Club on a Topic by Dustin Walker (ETI)
- Thursday Night Halloween Contest
- Raspberry Pi’s Coming to Conference
- ITT to Host 2013 AITP R3 Student Conference
- Contest Winners to be Announced
- Registration Open September 15th!
Powered by SiteTree